Tuesday, May 19, 2009

2009 05 19
Places
Where are the places that you like to go and where are the places we really never what to be, yet land there from time to time? I am talking about emotional places. It seems that we are an intelligent lot; we know intellectually where we should be emotionally. Be happy, be thankful, enjoy the day, be kind, be nice and yet sometimes we slip out of those places into the dark places.

Once we slip, we know to call a friend or a partner and let them know we are not in a “good place”. That does work by the way to let others help you move from the ugly place to a more pleasant place and yet that call requires a conscious act taken to change an emotional state. We have to make a decision to take that step. It seems that the act of taking the step is the key yet so often we fight the action.

Why is that we do not respond to our emotional understanding and ask others to give us a little push? Do we enjoy the drama; do we have a need to spend a little time in the darkness? Does the time away from happiness have a physical effect that humans require to exist?

It seems to be even so with God, I know what he can do in my life, I know that as I walk with him my life is better and end up residing and going to good and healthy places. Yet too often, I turn away or I just don’t listen. Is that the key; we need to listen more often for the help, for the guidance for the path back? We know and have the tools, but don’t always use them.

We will see you on the bight sunny side.

2 comments:

  1. I think we need the darkness in our lives....in the words of aldous Huxley ” happiness is nothing compared to the over compensations of misery. How nice life would be if we didn't though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happiness will not exist without Darkness; one can only realize Happiness if they have been in the Darkness?
    Pass the, “LSD, 100 micrograms I.M."

    ReplyDelete